Why buy a cable pulley machine
A cable pulley machine typically consists of a weight stack, cables, and adjustable pulleys, Which designed to provide a safe and effective way to work out and build strength and muscle mass.
So why should you incorporate cables into your workout program?
Just with one versatile cable pulley machine you are able to target the specific muscles at ease. Simply by changing the weight load, and the position of the cable along the track, which allows your body to work from different angles.
Normally here are two ways to adjust the weight:
- Insert the weight pin to the suitable weight stack.
- Add the desired weight plates to the weight pins
Muscle growth and strength increase are directly based on how much press is placed on the target muscle. As the cable is pulled, the resistance from the weight stack or weight plates is evenly distributed throughout the range of motion, providing a constant tension on the targeted muscle group.
Additional, By adjusting the workout position (step closer or farther from the machine, raise or lower the adjustable pulley), and workout with different cable handles, The pulley machine help to activate different muscle fibers and promote muscle growth and development.
Different from the free weights or the machines that use the weight plates, there is no risk of dropping the weight directly on yourself. The only tensions is when you do pulley, which could also prevent your joints from taking on the full load.
By adjusting the position of the cable, and using the different pulley handles, One cable pulley machine could target some major muscles:
- Mainly works on the upper body: like the lat-pull down and seated rows target back; The bicep curls and triceps extension target arms.
- Do kickback to work your gluteal muscle.
How to choose a cable pulley machine
Here are three most common types of the cable machine, workout mainly for the upper body. Choose a machine that fits your needs and within your budget.
- pull-down machine: $200-$400
- Cable Crossover machine: $500-$4,000
- Functional trainer: $1,000-$5,000
Look for the machine that is built in heavy-duty framed and the stable construction, With no loose parts and no wobbling. Browse the reviews before place your order. Rather invest the cheap machine that need to do the constant repairs or replace the parts, which will waste more time and money, Look for the high-quality ones within your budget.
Before place your order, measure your available space, make sure that there are clearance space after installing. If you are tight in space, take the small wall-mounted pulley machine or just the cable pulley system into consideration.
Whether you are a beginner or a experienced lifter, before investing a machine, please make clear what is your fitness goals, choose a suitable one accordingly.Overall, the machine you choose could give you the enough resistance to build strength.
There are three common types cable machines. Choose a suitable pulley machine according to your fitness goals. No matter which one you choose, by changing the workout positions, as well as the pulley handles, they all could support variety movements, work the multiple muscles.
- Lat pull-down machine: Mainly targets the back muscles, with the ankle strap, doing the kickback, contracting your glutes.
- Cable crossover machine: Comparing to the lat-pull down machine, the crossover could target the chest by working chest flies ect. It is best for performing a variety of exercises that target multiple muscle groups, Most is assembled with the cage or rack
- Functional trainer: This machine features two independent weight stacks and is designed to provide a high degree of freedom of movement, allowing users to perform a wide variety of exercises to target different muscle groups. It’s best for those who want a high degree of flexibility and freedom of movement in their workouts.
How to Do Lat Pulldown
Sit on the bench and adjust the knee pads to ensure that your feet are firmly planted on the ground.
Grab the cable bar with an overhand grip that is slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
Pull the cable bar towards your chest while keeping your elbows close to your body.
Pause for a moment, then slowly release the cable bar back to the starting position.
Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
ERKANG G2 Cable Pulley System
#11 gauge steel tube.
Lat bar; Cable bar;
A pair of barbell clamps;
Suitable for 1” & 2” plates
Lat pull down
High & Low pulley systems
Large foldable footplates
Built with the leg hold-down
Cable bicep curl